Community Chest of Port Washington
Office Associate Job Description
Approx. 25 hours per week
$18-$22 depending on skill level
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Office Associate” in subject line.
The Community Chest is looking for an enthusiastic Office Associate to support the Executive Director in increasing the visibility of the Community Chest, increasing our donor base, cultivating existing donors and producing its fundraising events.
The Responsibilities of the Associate include but are not limited to:
· Maintaining current donor database
· Building and strengthening relationships with sponsors, grantee organizations, volunteers, vendors, elected officials, and board members
· Maintaining CRM database (donor software) including data input, thank you letters, acknowledgement letters, tracking of matching grants and other special donations
· Processing all credit card transactions
· Maintain and update Organizational calendar
· Management of volunteers for ALL fundraising and community events (Winter Run, Citizen of the Year, Karmacue, Golf & Tennis Outing, Kayak Run, Thanksgiving Day Run)
· Assisting Executive Director with all mailings
· Check the Post Office Box
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
The Office Associate must be comfortable with technology, a fast learner and flexible with a problem-solving and positive approach to her work. The office staff is comprised of the Executive Director and the Office Associate so the ability to multitask is critical. We have limited resources, so creativity, resilience, a willingness to pitch in and work hard are key. We hope the right person has a desire to serve the People of Port with her passion for helping others.
· Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to interface and engage with diverse groups including: board members, volunteers, donors, vendors, and grantees
· Strong writing and editing skills with creativity and attention to detail
· Comfortable with technology and social media
· Proficient in MS Word and Excel
· Experience using databases or ability to learn quickly how to use and maintain databases.
· A self-starter with an aptitude for problem-solving and good follow through
· Very strong organizational skills, able to prioritize deadlines, with the ability to juggle many tasks at once
· Flexible and energetic
· Ability to work some evenings and weekend days (events and board meetings)
· Ability to lift up to 15 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time